|Know your heart!|
I'm thankful for good health and the good health of all my loved ones, but my heart-healthy goal is to be more aware and listen to my body. Surprisingly, the Heart Foundation reported that 435,000 women experience heart attacks each year. While women are more aware than ever, we'd like to see that number drop, so we figured (as did Shape magazine) that now is as good a time as any for a refresher. You know you're having a heart attack when you experience...
1. Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back.
2. Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw, or stomach.
3. Toothache (this one took us by surprise!)
4. Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
5. Cold sweat
8. Overwhelming, sudden fatigue
Be aware, but enjoy your Thanksgiving feast and be thankful for all the beauty in your life.